CCC Has Moved:
Our new location is 2515 Carey St., Slidell LA.
Our phone number will remain the same. 985-646-0357
- To serve individuals and families most in need in the Slidell/ Pearl River area by assisting them with emergency basic needs. By offering hope and guidance as Christians, our goal is to "touch one LIFE at a time" while making an impact in the community.
Emergency Basic needs such as:
- Food and Clothing
- Prescription assistance
- Household Items
- Emergency travel assistance
- Homelessness Assistance
Other services include:
- Referral, Linkage and Advocacy to Community Resources
- Budget/financial counseling
- Spiritual, guidance counseling
- Janet's Korner Thrift Store - OPEN TO THE PUBLIC for shopping: Monday-Thursday10am-4pm & Friday-Saturday 10am-2pm. Call us to pick-up your donated gently used furniture and working appliances.
We also partner with many community service organizations, schools, churches, civic organizations throughout our community for service project oppertunities. Please contact us if you have an interest.
Created in 1983, Community Christian Concern was founded by the Greater Slidell Ministerial Alliance and interested individuals as a centralized assistance agency for the Slidell area. The facility on 2nd Street was rebuilt in 2003 after a fire destroyed the building and the building was destroyed again after Hurricane Katrina and both buildings, CCC and the Miramon Center had to be rebuilt. In 2012 Hurricane Isaac flooded The Miramon building and we used this as an opportunity to combine both ministries in our current location (the former Miramon Center) 2515 Carey Street.
Since opening in 1983, CCC has touched the lives of over 110,000 people. In 2013 CCC is on track to assist over 4,500 individuals which is about 1900 families. We will distribute 76,000 lbs. of food and 5,000 articles of clothing.
The Miramon Center, a CCC men's transitional housing program, has been up and running since April, 2010. This program gives men an opportunity to start anew, to rebuild their lives, and offers hope to a better future.
Our new home at 2515 Carey St in Slidell is a completely renovated 10,000 sq. ft. building houses our thrift store, food pantry, warehouse, reception area, several offices and the Miramon Center.