CCC Is On The Move:
We are MOVING later this summer to 2515 Carey St., Slidell LA.
Our phone number will remain the same. 985-646-0357
- To serve individuals and families most in need in the Slidell/ Pearl River area by assisting them with emergency basic needs. By offering hope and guidance as Christians, our goal is to "touch one LIFE at a time" while making an impact in the community.
Emergency Basic needs such as:
- Food and Clothing
- Prescription assistance
- Household Items
- Emergency travel assistance
- Homelessness Assistance
Other services include:
- Referral, Linkage and Advocacy to Community Resources
- Budget/financial counseling
- Spiritual, guidance counseling
- Janet's Korner Thrift Store - OPEN TO THE PUBLIC for shopping: Monday-Thursday10am-4pm & Friday-Saturday 10am-2pm. Call us to pick-up your donated gently used furniture and working appliances.
We also partner with many community service organizations, schools, churches, civic organizations throughout our community for service project oppertunities. Please contact us if you have an interest.
Created in 1983, Community Christian Concern was founded by the Greater Slidell Ministerial Alliance and interested individuals as a centralized assistance agency for the Slidell area. The current facility opened at its present site in August, 2003 after a fire destroyed the previous building. After Hurricane Katrina, both buildings, CCC and the Miramon Center had to be rebuilt due to the damages sustained.
Since opening in 1983, CCC has touched the lives of over 100,959 people. In 2011, it has serviced 4895 individuals in 1909 families, distributing 76,678 lbs. of food and 5004 articles of clothing.
The Miramon Center, a CCC men's transitional housing program, re-opened in April of 2010, as a newly renovated facility. This program gives men an oppertunity to start anew, to rebuild their lives, and offers hope to a better future.
The 4,200 sq. ft. building houses a thrift store, food pantry, warehouse, reception area, and several offices.